GoSnow, Principal User Experience Designer
Principal User Experience Designer
LOS ANGELES, CA PRODUCT & DESIGN – PRODUCT FULL-TIME
GoSnow makes it remarkably easy to book great snow sports experiences at amazing ski resorts around the world. We’re looking for a Principal User Experience Designer to join our growing world-class product team.
When you join GoSnow, your work will focus on our consumer experience across mobile and desktop. In this work, you will collaborate closely with our product, engineering, and marketing teams. You’ll work within the Product team and report to the Senior Product Manager.
We are growing a world-class product team owning the user experience for our customers and resort partners. Our aim is to make beautiful experiences that are delightful and easy to use.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned contributor who will be a relentless advocate for our users. You are someone who loves collaborating and can use storytelling to advocate for simple user experiences.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Participate and contribute at explorations sessions, design critiques and standups
- Become familiar with our customers’ needs, motivations and behaviors
- Contribute design ideas from low-fidelity whiteboard sketches to polished visual mocks
- Learn how our marketplace functions and what differentiates our business for success
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Deliver beautiful designs and collaborate with developers to ship a feature
- Build prototypes to explore and get feedback on design solutions
- Lead user research to evaluate your solutions and discover new use cases
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Lead through design, providing a clearer future vision for GoSnow
- Plan, lead and synthesize user research to better understand the needs of our customers
- Use design thinking to help stakeholders identify new opportunities
- Influence roadmap and priorities with design strategy and storytelling
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- 8+ years of experience as a product or user experience designer on consumer-facing products, we well as a tertiary education.
- A portfolio of work that illustrates a user-centered process and your design deliverables
- Experience working as part of an in house, fast-paced team
- Ability to generate new, innovative, and divergent ideas
- Strong interaction design skills with the ability to see your work through to pixel-perfection
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others through an open process, guided by feedback
- Passion for prototyping your solutions as part of your design process
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- An opportunity to join a top rated LA based Startup that is brining something new, exciting, and different to the global snow sports industry.
- A highly collaborative and supportive team environment, driven by mindful living practices, that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
- We aren’t afraid to take risks, and we encourage you let go of the fear of failure and give that crazy but brilliant idea a shot
- Great LA office location located in Santa Monica.
- Benefits- and stock options, too
- Fun stuff — ski trips, season passes, work days on snow. All the stuff that those that are super passionate about snow sports, will LOVE!
We are on a mission to radically transform snow sports bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.